mosthappyreader

More of the Most Happy Reader

History has long been my keenest interest and was a childhood fascination. I followed this interest to University where I obtained my BA and MA in History. My thesis was concentrated on British colonialism in Africa, but my first historical love was England, especially those Tudors. My life's greatest passion are my two boys. My most avid hobbies are reading and travel. My favorite reads are historical fiction and my favorite travel destination Western Europe. Because of the high volume of books I read and my passion for discussion I was encouraged by friends to begin a book review blog earlier this year and so The Most Happy Reader was born.

Mary's Christmas Knight (Rougemont #1.5)

Mary's Christmas Knight (Rougemont #1.5) - Moriah Densley I can't think of a more wonderful way to spend a few hours on a cold winter than reading Moriah Densley's novella Mary's Christmas Knight. Those familiar with Densley's work will remember Mary Cavendish from Song for Sophia, but fortunately Mary's Christmas Knight stands on its own as well - though I can't promise it won't leave you begging for more.

Chronologically Mary's Christmas Knight fits perfectly between Song for Sophia and the soon to be released The King of Threadneedle Street (due on 12/13/13). The story was funny and light and a truly lovely read. Sir Wesley Darcy, a famous actor, is injured after being robbed and goes to the hospital on Christmas Eve where Mary Cavendish is working. This isn't love at first sight however as Mary finds Darcy arrogant but she is nevertheless tempted by his je nai sais quoi.
Read this wonderful novella to find out what happens to Mary Cavendish, a wonderful character a reader cannot help but fall in love with.

Mary's Christmas Knight, as all of Moriah Densley's work, is filled with wonderful human characters that immediately captivate the reader and invest you in the outcome of their lives. Densley is able to set these human characters in an approachable historical context and leaves the reader to enjoy the ride. Mary's Christmas Knight is a must read for this holiday season and a wonderful way to get into the holiday spirit, but I would suspect The King of Threadneedle Street will make it onto many lists this year.