mosthappyreader

More of the Most Happy Reader

History has long been my keenest interest and was a childhood fascination. I followed this interest to University where I obtained my BA and MA in History. My thesis was concentrated on British colonialism in Africa, but my first historical love was England, especially those Tudors. My life's greatest passion are my two boys. My most avid hobbies are reading and travel. My favorite reads are historical fiction and my favorite travel destination Western Europe. Because of the high volume of books I read and my passion for discussion I was encouraged by friends to begin a book review blog earlier this year and so The Most Happy Reader was born.

Grape Expectations

Grape Expectations: A Family's Vineyard Adventure in France - Caro Feely Grape Expectations is the memoir of a young family’s brave decision to live rather than exist. Caro and Sean Feely have long dreamed of owning a vineyard in France and decide to make that dream reality. Caro Feely’s memoir begins when the couple locates and purchases their twenty-five acre vineyard. Within weeks the couple are residents of Saussignac, France. They are soon up to their elbows in renovations to their centuries old home and begin the daunting task of learning how to be vine-growers.

I have to admit I admired the couple for many reasons. They took an enormous risk but they followed their dream and seized the life they yearned for. Not only that, but they did so as a couple and remained so! The adventure seemed to pull them together rather than apart which is truly remarkable. I was definitely rooting for them, but they were certainly sustained by friends and family, new and old. Living the life they had once only dreamed of sustains them.

I truly enjoyed Grape Expectations and came away from the read with a real admiration for the Feely’s who dared the impossible all for the simple goal of fulfilling a dream. I admire them and truly enjoyed reading all the ups and downs of their adventure that became their life.